First opened in 1873, the Cast Courts were purpose-built to house one of the most comprehensive collections of casts of post-classical European sculpture. 24 metres in height, the two galleries house some of the V&A’s largest objects and are among the most popular in the museum. Renovation has recently taken place on The Weston Cast Court (Gallery 46b), which re-opened to the public in November 2014. We worked with Metaphor to deliver a typographic strategy for object labelling in this remarkable space. Image © Victoria and Albert Museum, London.